Photo editing will never be the same
New Photoshop, new graphic generation, and (it seems) a new software philosophy is coming. After two decades of image retouching, Adobe has created a complete Creative Suite where Photoshop is the authentic flagship of a new software model, more connected and ready to be downloaded via the Internet.
As usual the new Photoshop version is full of new tools and enhancements to improve the workflow. Even though the program is getting bigger and heavier, the speed is even better than before and it's now possible to get real-time previews. Adobe Photoshop CS6 is still one of the best image editors, and totally recommended for professional photo and design workers. If you're not one of those, don’t worry—there are multiple tutorials on Adobe’s website to start getting into it.
How to Use
Adobe Photoshop CS6 is the first version with no physical support. Instead of buying it on a disc, you will have to download the Creative Cloud and install the whole package from there. There will be license packages to pay monthly or annually that will give you access to the program, the whole suite, and all the free updates.
The first thing you will notice when you start “playing” with Adobe Photoshop CS6 is the new interface. The whole CS6 Suite has changed into a grey background, more organized and fresh. The idea is to get all the programs looking alike. Now it will be easier to control the whole working process and transfer your work between programs.
After 20 years working on the same product, the result is a better and faster program with not many surprises but a large amount of enhancements. Thanks to the new Adobe Mercury Graphics Engine, the whole working process is faster and smoother. The Content-Aware Tool works better than in the CS5 version, and combines the CS2 and CS3 capabilities to create a very capable tool. The 3-D and TV options are still basic, but work perfectly with After Effects.
Adobe Photoshop CS6 represents a new leap forward in the image-editing genre. It's fast, it's powerful, and it brings together most of the previews, plug-ins and external updates. Adobe had worked on this software for quite a long time and knows exactly what the way forward is for it. It seems that we're going to have Photoshop around for a really long time to come.
Adobe Photoshop CS6 Features
This is a trial download version. Feel free to check the full version's latest features:
- Enhanced crop tool; more Lightroom style
- Compact HUD with key info
- New Field, Iris and Tilt Shift effects, GPU accelerated
- Enhanced Content-Aware Patch tool
- Enhanced Camera RAW support
- New Video tools
- Adaptative Wide Angle filter
- Multiple shortcuts for better workflow
- 3D Options
For more information about the product and to get free online tutorials before you download it, please check the developers’ website .
Before downloading Adobe Photoshop CS 6, please check that your computer fits the following minimum system requirements:
- Operating system: Windows XP with the Service Pack 3 installed
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64
- RAM: at least 1GB
- Hard drive space: a minimum of 1GB on HDD.
- Graphic Card: 1024 x 768 minimum display with 16-bit color and 256 MB VRAM
- Mandatory broadband connexion for software activation and updates
- Totally integrated with Adobe Suite
- Graphic and interface improvements. Faster than before
- Multiple online tutorials
- Shape and text enhancements
- Adobe Cloud integration…
- … although it seems the Internet will be mandatory from now on
- Content-Aware Patch gives variable results